Saturday, May 8, 2010

Ecclesiology Final


Hey everyone I realize that I haven't posted in a while. Ok a long time, anyway finally beginning the last class in the Degree Completion Program though so should hopefully be posting a lot more in the future. Still I thought I would post part of my Theology and the Christian Life final assignment. Basically I had to put together a teaching or series of teachings based on a Theology topic from our studies. I choose to do a youth series on Ecclesiology (the study of the Church), I'm actually hoping to maybe teach it here in a few more weeks we'll see. In the mean time check it out and give me some feedback.

Blessings,
Aaron Brant





Here is the outline for the first week.

Lesson 1: What is the church?

  1. Introduction
    1. Video: “What is the Church?” by Aaron Brant
    2. What is Theology?
    3. What is Ecclesiology?
  2. There are several different words in the Bible that we translate as Church.
  1. Kuriakon “belonging to the Lord”
  2. Ekklesia “an assembly of people”
  1. The word “church” is not used to describe
  1. A building
  2. A denomination
  1. The word “church” is used in several different ways in the New Testament
  1. The Universal Body of Christ
    1. Eph. 5:23-32
    2. Eph. 3:10&21
    3. Col 1:18&24*
    4. Mt. 16:18*

  1. The local Church
    1. Rom. 16:1
    2. Col. 4:16
    3. Acts 14:27
    4. Gal. 1:2&22*
  1. House Churches
    1. 1 Cor. 16:19
    2. Rom. 16:5&23
    3. 1 Cor. 14:23*
    4. Acts 20:17*
  2. The collective church
      1. 1 Cor. 10:32
      2. 1 Cor. 15:9
      3. Gal. 1:13
      4. Phil 3:6*
      5. Acts 9:31*

‘*’ denotes additional verses not covered in power point but available if needed.



Sorry about some of the weird formatting Blogger apparently didn't like when I copied and pasted from Pages.



Here are the Powerpoint slides from week 1











No comments:

Post a Comment